INTRODUCTION TO RISK MANAGEMENT
An interactive and energetic course giving an overview of the core aspects of enterprise risk management
Introduction to Risk Management Course
As a new, mid-career or experienced risk professional, this virtual training course will give you a robust overview of the core aspects of Enterprise Risk Management. From exploring the most up-to-date risk management tools, techniques and standards, including ISO31000 and COSO, we also present a wide range of case studies, all of which are chosen to enhance the understanding of the participants.
The concepts explored will be brought to life with interactive tasks, practical exercises and tangible examples, so that you can clearly relate the theory to your day-to-day role and organisation.
Who is this course for?
Anyone new or looking to refresh and enhance their knowledge of risk management.
Those aiming to review and improve their organisation’s approach to risk management.
Those planning to design their organisation’s approach to risk management from scratch.
Anyone planning on benchmarking their organisation against international best practice, standards and real-life case studies.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
—Jordyn Aitken, HSE Systems Manager ALLTECH
"I never expected an online training to be so energetic and interactive, but I didn’t feel at all like we were missing anything by not being in a classroom. So many great takeaways for me (as is evidenced by my copious notes taken), and I leave the training feeling inspired with plenty of food for thought. Really brilliant training, and I wish I’d taken it sooner! So thanks to you all for everything."
- Understand the context of your organisation and your objectives.
- Identify and assess risks using an array of interactive and effective tools and techniques such as bowties and risk maps.
- Manage and mitigate your risks by implementing different controls that are suited to your organisation’s way of working and available resources.
- Monitor and review whether a risk’s status has changed.
Make robust, risk-informed decisions.
- A plan for assessing the risk maturity of your own organisation.
- A good understanding of best practice standards and real-life approaches to risk management and how they might be applied to your own organisation.
- The key components required for building or enhancing your own organisation’s enterprise risk management framework and process.