Demystifying Organisational Resilience with practical advice on how to enable your organisation to withstand crises successfully
Organisational Resilience Course
What is Organisational Resilience?
Organisational resilience is an organisation’s ability to anticipate, respond and adapt in case of crises and sudden disruptions. In a dynamic environment, organisational resilience is paramount to ensuring both long-term business continuity and future success. Its aim is to allow managers and leaders to make the most of their opportunities, while confidently taking well-thought, measured risks.
Using an integrated approach, organisations can ready themselves to react in a timely and effective way in case of crises. Many organisations have a weak understanding of what Organisational Resilience is and how it is structured, often leading to a lack of clear accountability. Therefore, their ability to react effectively in case of crises is very limited.
This course will demystify the domain and will outline the strong connection between Enterprise Risk Management and Organisational Resilience.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
—Jordyn Aitken, HSE Systems Manager ALLTECH
"I never expected an online training to be so energetic and interactive, but I didn’t feel at all like we were missing anything by not being in a classroom. So many great takeaways for me (as is evidenced by my copious notes taken), and I leave the training feeling inspired with plenty of food for thought. Really brilliant training, and I wish I’d taken it sooner! So thanks to you all for everything."
- Develop a practical integrated approach to the fundamental principles of resilience and risk management.
- Understand the interactions between Risk Management, Crisis Management and Business Continuity Management.
- Explore the most up to date tools, techniques and standards, including the pertinent ISO standards (ISO 22301, 22310, 22300, 22317).
- Learn about the principles of Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and practice doing BIA hands-on.
- Discuss and analyse a variety of case studies on how organisations across a multitude of sectors reacted to crises.
- A good understanding of best practice standards and real-life approaches to Organisational Resilience and how they might be applied to your own organisation
- The key components required for building or enhancing your own organisation’s approach to Organisational Resilience
- An understanding of how to execute a Business Impact Analysis
- A multitude of cases that can be used within your organisation to stimulate value adding “what if?” discussions, enhancing the understanding of the need for integrated Organisational Resilience
Meet one of the trainers
DR MICHAEL MALONE
Dr Michael Malone is an Irish national, with over 20 years of experience working in the pharmaceutical industry. Michael has held positions of increased responsibility across the entire value chain, spanning from research to asset management. Some of his senior executive roles included senior regulatory affairs roles (VP of RA CMC), Asset CEO and Chief Risk Officer to name a few.
He has lived in several countries and managed global teams giving him strong cross-cultural knowledge and an understanding of several languages. His last role in big Pharma was as Vice President, Global Head of Enterprise Risk Management at UCB Biopharma. Michael designed, implemented and led the new Enterprise Risk Management program at UCB and chaired the Corporate Risk Management Committee.
Michael is currently the Global Head of the Life Sciences Practice at Satarla and the CEO and founder of a risk and regulatory (R&R) consultancy firm focused on supporting large global companies across different sectors including healthcare. At Satarla, he is involved in consultancy, training and research efforts, supporting global organisations to embed risk management practices within their business.